Monday 28 March 2011

Gymfest

There are many gymnastics events on throughout the year.  One that my club always takes part in is the Scottish gymfest which is an annual event usually in April or May.  It is a non-competitive, professionally run display festival which aims to promote gymnastics for all and shows the sheer enjoyment and appreciation of the sport that so many people have.  Everyone is invited to enter Gymfest from the beginner to the advanced gymnast.  Gymfest is a fantastic event which is great to both take part in and to watch.  It is a very varied show to watch as each club choreographs their own routines and there is a mixture of disciplines involved including acrobatics, rhythmic, artistic and there are always a couple of disability gymnastics groups which are always great to watch these people enjoying what they do and some of the skills the gymnasts have are amazing to see.  I have went to gymfest every year since before I can remember, the adrenaline rush you get from performing at this big a festival is amazing.  I am also always proud to be there with my team, Astro Gymnastics who have recently became one of the biggest teams at the festival and are at a much higher level as a club.  As gymfest is non-competitive it is a great atmosphere and so relaxed when on stage.  I personally much prefer display gymnastics to competitions which is why I gave up competing a long time ago.  Gymfest is a full weekend event with performances on the Friday night, Saturday morning and afternoon, Sunday morning and afternoon.  Gymfest is one of my best weekends of the year and I always look forward to it.  In the slide show are photos of my team at gymfest last year, both on and off stage.   

No comments:

Post a Comment